A decade ago, having interoperable systems was a fantasy for most with only the biggest companies being able to afford them. All that has changed today as most businesses can easily get their hands on an integrated system for incorporating both CCTV and access control needs. Having an efficient and flexible software program is key so that you can enjoy a hassle-free experience when it comes to security.
Software Platforms that Incorporate CCTV and Access Control
Many different software programs integrate both CCTV and access control seamlessly and HikCentral is one such program. This centralised platform is designed to help integrate different security functionalities and provide a one-stop solution for all your access and security needs. One of the most crucial aspects of a central management software program is the ability to control and access your requirements easily on multiple platforms. There are three main aspects to this software and they are:
- Management – It can manage multiple systems such as CCTV, access and intercom from a single point of control easily to significantly lower costs over time. Without such a platform, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort to control each system individually. Moreover, if any issue arises, it will be a lot more difficult to solve than if you had central management software.
- Scalability – Another key component of a sound management software platform is scalability. Technology is improving rapidly and changing the digital landscape in a matter of years and sometimes even months. The ability of a software platform to scale and expand with rising needs is of paramount importance.
- Flexibility – Not every business will have the same requirements and therefore an ideal management software platform must allow you the freedom to add exactly the number of modules you require. It also integrates well with third-party systems including access control, CCTV and other monitoring requirements.
- Accessibility – In today’s world, there are three main platforms through which you may need to access your security requirements and they are control, web and mobile clients. The software works seamlessly with all platforms to give you the freedom to check on your needs on the go without any hassles.
- User Friendliness – A software program is only as good as its ability to allow people to understand it. If people have a hard time understanding it, most won’t be able to utilise its full potential. With a clear and intuitive user interface, anyone can access their security requirements any time without any hassles.
Accessibility and Central Management Software Programs
Accessibility is very important when it comes to a central management software. You might want to access your security feeds or provide access to someone even if you are not at your station. With HikCentral’s control, web and mobile client, you will do so easily and with zero hassles.
- Control Client – You can monitor your security feeds in real-time and utilise its many features such as live view and playback. You can even manage videos and tag them so that they can be easily searched for in the future. It also comes with an effective alarm management interface to ensure that you are prepared at all times.
- Web Client – Here you can add multiple devices and manage various tasks such as configuring the camera schedules, event/alarm rules and more. You also get to access your security feeds through live view or playback as per your preference.
- Mobile Client – You can download the app from the iOS App Store or Google Play and access your surveillance feeds at any time. With Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G support, you can breathe easy knowing everything is safe on the go.
Important Features to Know About
Features are also an integral part of any central management software program. The more features there are, the more options you have in your arsenal to ensure all your security and access needs are met. Here are some of the features you should look at:
- Automatic Switching – By being able to switch quickly between mainstream and substreams, you will be able to have a clear viewing experience with multiple cameras. This is also very beneficial when it comes to bandwidth consumption.
- Network Adaptability – You want to have access to all of your feeds even if the bandwidth gets low. With efficient network bandwidth adaptability, the bitrate will change as per the network capacity and allow for uninterrupted monitoring.
- Real-Time Analytics – With great features like people counting, heat mapping and thermal imaging, you can monitor and analyse behaviour and spot anomalies more efficiently.
- Map Management – This configures maps for specific locations and labels relevant objects such as cameras and doors to be better prepared. With this, you will be able to respond to emergencies while having location awareness.
- Adaptive User Interface – This ability to customise the way you view your video feeds is extremely convenient and helpful. A cluttered viewing experience can greatly hamper daily monitoring and even lead to unfortunate situations.
- Alarm Management – No security-based central management software can be complete without great alarm management. By integrating different alarm devices, you will be able to respond to critical situations more efficiently.
- Access Control Management – Various functions such as Anti-passback, first card and lockdown prevent people who don’t have permission to access a building from entering. An administrator will also have the power to shut down access for all the doors with a single click. What’s more, with live viewing, record search and alarm linkage, all of your access control needs can be synchronised with each other.
- Vehicle Management – ANPR recording records and recognises number plates on vehicles and can even provide notification if a VIP has entered the premises. This can also notify you if any blacklisted vehicles are trying to get access.
Apart from all of the above, you also get several other helpful features as well such as the smart wall module which supports up to 32 separate walls and 1000 display configurations. Based on your requirements, you will be able to support any security or access needs you have.